Saturday, November 9, 2013

Nick-A-Lick

A good friend of ours, Ryan Neal, started calling Nick, Nick A Lick, last year during basketball season and the name just stuck.  At first Nick hated it but I couldn't resist walking into his room every morning and waking him up with a big "What's up Nick A Lick?"  It's our fun and affectionate name for him around the house.  Nick is loving second grade but like Jay, it's proving to be difficult for him.  He loves his teacher and he LOVES math!  He is playing basketball right now and enjoying it.  Nick is my "I'm loving life kid."  He is a joy to be around and he can usually get at least one big belly laugh from me on a daily basis.  There is a reason he's my second child..........he will be living with me longer and his spirit is exactly what I need each and every day especially as I age.  He recently got glasses (hence the picture above, doesn't he look so grown up?) but to be honest I'm not convinced he needs them.  He doesn't like wearing them and Mike is sure he can see just fine, after all his boy can hit a shooting target like no other!  Anyway, life keeps rolling on and I wish I could slow down this season in my life.  I asked Nick recently if he could stay age 7 for just a wee bit longer than a year.  He's full of energy - so much energy he can be draining and Yes kind of annoying but his 7 year old innocence and sense of humor is what I love, love, love about him.  Sometimes I wake up on Monday morning, I blink and before I know it it's Friday.  My mom told my sister and I to soak it all up as this is the best years of our life.  I can certainly agree with that! 

No comments: