Thursday, March 19, 2015

Breakfast failure

It has always been important to me to have a hot breakfast for my kids in the morning.  I enjoy serving it and considering they are both ADD, I like knowing I've packed them full of protein in the morning (ha).  We are down to no milk, no eggs and no bread in our house and we are trying to get to Friday before we get groceries.  Since Jay has a love affair with Krispy Kreme donuts, I thought why not, what can donuts hurt for breakfast, on a school day (heaven forbid)?  Jay and Nick devoured their donuts this morning.  When I pointed out to them that this might be the most unhealthy breakfast I've ever served them on a school day, both boys (in unison, I might add) said that in fact it wasn't the most unhealthy breakfast I had ever served them, didn't I remember the time I let them have skillet cookies with ice cream for breakfast???  I gasped!  In thinking back I can confirm I did serve them skillet cookies for breakfast, once.  I think I was trying to show them that sometimes it's okay to let lose and live outside the box!  Good to know I still have it in me.  Ha!

No comments: