Monday, March 30, 2015

The Chronicles of Narnia

Nick has developed a fondness for "Narnia," by C.S. Lewis.  He loves it!  His third grade teacher read the class "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" and Nick was hooked.  I am reading him the first book in the series, "The Magician's Nephew."  Although I am beyond thrilled over Nick's love of this timeless classic, I am surprised because "Narnia" is a fantasy book and I am not a fan of fantasy.  Jay and I prefer non fiction, however, I can picture a 9 year old Mike Siebert being enthralled with "Narnia."  I love to read but I don't like to read out loud.  I read fluently but I find "Narnia" very difficult to read out loud and read fluently.  But despite the fact I'm not overly crazy about the series I can appreciate good writing and C.S. Lewis is a magnificent  writer. I am overjoyed to read the pages and watch Nick's face as the pages come to life for him. 

No comments: