Friday, May 15, 2015

Middle School & more

I went to the middle school this afternoon to serve 6th, 7th and 8th graders snow cones.  Personally, I enjoy middle schoolers and I get why my mom choose to teach this age group.  I did not get the teaching gene but if I had to teach I would pick middle school.  My sister, however, not so much.  She likes the little ones.  Anyway, I made a few observations today as I observed these sweaty, oily faced kids as they got their snow cones.  First, the 6th graders are the honey mooners.  They are small in physical standing (compared to the 8th graders), they are a bit obnoxious but overall likeable.  They used their pleases and thank yous.  The 7th graders were all about how much "juice" was in their snow cones and who got the most ice.  The girls stuck together like glue and the boys (like my son) are on the cusp of puberty.  The 8th graders were like giants to me.  Boys who I remember last year in 7th grade grew to heights I didn't know were possible in a year.  They look like men!  On the way home tonight Jay commented that 7th grade girls were such drama queens.  I laughed and agreed.  I was the queen of drama in 7th grade (yes mom I can hear you snickering and saying, "Gee, Amy, do ya think?") and I am so low maintenance and no drama grown adult so I assured Jay that there was hope!  Ha.

No comments: