Sunday, May 17, 2015

My baking judge

Here's the great thing (one of many) about Jay, he loves my baking or least 90% of the time he loves it and if he doesn't love it then I know it was a bust.  I enjoy baking way more than cooking.  I am 41 years old and still can't figure out how make moist chicken but baking, like wine, I get better with age.  I don't do it for Mike or Nick, I do it for Jay.  Mike has a sweet tooth but he's so picky it's ridiculous and Nick did not get the Siebert sweet tooth.  Nick is happy with a bowl of ice cream and some red velvet cake (his request for his birthday almost every year).  Jay is my sweet lover and will try and like almost anything I bake (God bless him).  This weekend I made an Italian cream cake (for the first time) and it was a success at least for Jay and I.  Nick decided he didn't like it and Mike doesn't like anything with cream cheese (see what I mean, he's ridiculous) but Jay, well Jay thought it was divine! 

No comments: