Saturday, May 9, 2015

Nick's 3rd grade planet play

 This is the picture I was referring to in my previous post.  This is my Mother's Day picture from Nick.  It has nothing to do with Nick's play but I wanted to post it.  It's classic. 
 Nick had his 3rd grade play yesterday - A Vacation to Mars.  Nick was so excited about this play.  He even memorized other kids parts, just in case they were sick on the day of the play.  Those kids didn't know it but Nick was their under-study.  Ha.  I felt like I knew the play yesterday even though it was the first time I saw it.  Nick rehearsed his lines constantly at home and sang the songs religiously for weeks leading up to the play.  The picture above and below is Nick with his friend, C.  Nick played the role of Mercury.  Mercury orbits the sun at a very fast pace (Nick could tell you how fast) so Nick wore a track uniform, ran very fast and spoke his lines very fast but not too fast.  For weeks he would talk so fast no one could understand him.  Yesterday he spoke fast but not so fast you couldn't understand him.  Good job, Nick!

 Jay asked if he could take the afternoon off school to see Nick's play and I agreed.  I think it meant a lot to Nick to have his big brother see his play. Four years ago Jay had his 3rd grade play, an animal play.  I remember attending his play and being weeks away from starting my new job. How time flies.
 Another exciting event in 3rd grade this week: baby chicks hatched.  Nine baby chicks!  Nick said the class named the chicks Fuzzy Buns, Dark Sugar and John, just to name a few.  I got such enjoyment hearing about these chicks all week.  The picture above is Nick and his friend, A.
                       This is Nick and his friend, J.  J. has been such a blessing to Nick this year. 
 Leslie and Nana came for the play and bless Leslie, she brought Nick Mercury (sugar) cookies and a mind game.  She knows him so well.  Thank you, Leslie.  You are like a 2nd grandma to Nick.  My mom used her Ipad and recorded Nick's play!  Way to go, mom.

This play was the perfect ending to a dynamite year for Nick.  I've watched Nick's confidence grow this year.  I've watched him socially evolve and most importantly his passion for learning was ignited!  You can't ask for much more than that. 

No comments: