Saturday, August 8, 2015

August Meetings

 Every odd numbered year I head to Cinci for what my company affectionately calls, "August meetings."  This is my third August meeting since I started in 2011 and it never fails to disappoint.  I love going.  I get together with my coworkers, get to see folks from home office & I get to hang out with my husband (when I'm not in meetings).  I really enjoy going.  Did I mention that already?  Ha.
Mike enjoys going with me.  This is a horrible picture of the two of us but I wanted proof that we actually go together.  LOL.  This year he zip lined while I was in meetings all day on Friday.  We relax, socialize and just enjoy getting away for 2 days.  It is a challenging to leave two very active boys and two dogs but a big thank you is owed to my mom.  She had Nick for the 2 days we were gone and also managed our dogs and one of them (cole) got some funky nose infection and was bleeding.  Mom tried to fix the situation with a buzz light year band aide which she said proved to be quite funny, all the while was trying to calm a 9 year old who kind of freaked out when he saw his dog was bleeding.  Needless to say there is probably a vet visit in my future.  Jay stayed with our friends the Dougas' and the Ausili's.  I so appreciated them keeping Jay.  I gave my mom a break and it split up the boys.  So until the next August meetings...........2017! 

No comments: