Saturday, August 1, 2015

Our last week of summer, sort of

 I know it's only Aug. 1 and there are still several weeks of summer left but our carefree summer ends on Monday night.  Football practice starts and so begins a new routine.  Meals will need to be planned and transportation will need to be coordinated and I'll need to put my organization hat on, something I'm not always so great at.  School starts in a few weeks and I'm ready for it to start.  However, we've had a really nice summer.  Not having a babysitter worked out just fine, the boys did great and my mom tutored Nick.  Thank you, mom.  We used our summer to relax, get some projects done; Mike finished Nick's fishing shack room remodel and he started the window trim in the house.  We took two vacations.  Jay took a missions trip to Cincinnati and Nick went to church camp.  Seeing the summer come to an end is bittersweet for me.  The weather was so nice this week (finally) and we spent a lot of time with friends.  The boys caught a frog this week which then got lose in my car!!!  Yes, it was quite a scene, like something for America's Funniest Videos. 
 I got together with a few of my former farm coworkers for a retirement party.  I really enjoyed catching up with them. 
                                      This is the big fish Nick caught this week.  Yes, we plan to eat it! 
                                              Nick's friend, J, came over this week.
My, oh my how these boys have grown.  Jay and Nick start football on Monday night.  Jay opted not to run Cross Country this fall.  He had no love for it last year but he's the type of kid that has to do something.  He "relaxs" all summer so that by the fall, it is time for him to be in a structured activity. Selfishly the football schedule and practices are less grueling than Cross Country.  Jay and Nick have practice at the same time on the same nights.  So here's to our new season of life which will consist of muddy football pants, muddy cleats, smelly socks and lots and lots of food - lots of food.  Did I mention food? 

No comments: