Thursday, August 27, 2015

Our week, so far

These days Nick loves working in the kitchen.  He is not creating his own recipes but as long as he's given directions, he goes right to it.  His new routine, making eggs for him and Jay every morning.  He has it down to a science; butter in the skillet, cheese in the eggs and no burnt eggs.  They are delish. 
So this is not a good picture of me by any form of the imagination.  Nick took it and I begged him not to but he did it anyway so I figured I might as well smile.  I put it on my blog to prove I'm a member of the family (ha) and show I participate in activities with my family.  See photos below for more explanation. 
Sunday night we all unwound together and played football.  I don't chase the football but I throw it.  The boys tell me my "spiral" on my throw stinks but they appreciate it that I try. 

On Monday night I went to watch Lauren's gymnastics class and I got to watch Luke for a few minutes in action too.  They are so cute.  Lauren got moved into a higher class on Monday.  She's quite the gymnast. 

Nick had his friend, E., over on Tues.  They fished and it was a whirlwind afternoon.  It wasn't my best plan.  It was too rushed because Nick had football on Tuesday.  Note to self; don't have friends over on football nights and in fact I've pretty much decided friends over on a school night is just a bad idea.  It's just so rushed and I'm rushed because I'm thinking about dinner, homework, etc.... 

On another and unrelated note, yesterday the state of VA experienced a horrible tragedy.   A T.V. anchorwoman and her camera man were shot and killed.  It happened on camera with thousands of viewers.  As you can imagine it's all over the news.  This morning as the boys and I were watching the horrifying story, Jay said, "If God has a plan for each of our lives, then why does this stuff happen?"  I thought that was such a good question coming from a 13 year old - heck coming from anyone?  At 41, I often wonder the same thing.  I responded by telling him that while it's true God does have a plan for our lives, we humans often get off course from His plan which is why it's so important to keep Him front and center.  I told him that I'm sure I've squandered many opportunities God has placed in my path but I try not to.  It was a simple answer to a very complex and difficult question.  Today my prayers are with the city of Lynchburg and the friends, family and co-workers of those two people who were killed. 

No comments: