Saturday, August 15, 2015

Neon Lights 5K race

 My dear friend, Laura, started this run club about 5 years ago.  It started with about 10-15 kids and look at it now.  Laura is humble when it comes to the success of the club but every year I tell her how awesome she is at it.  The kids love her, she is filled with energy and she plants the seed for a love of running in these kids. 
 After the race Nick still had TONS of energy so he played at the playground with a few friends.
 Nick and his good bud, N.  Nick finished the race in 25 minutes.  He ran the race last year in 32 minutes.  What an accomplishment.  When he finished he went back into the race and brought his friend, N. in and C. in!   Nick is like the energizer bunny. 
 Big brother ran this race too and I must admit we all thought Nick would beat Jay this year but he didn't.  Jay ran this 5K in 24 minutes!!  We think it was his best time ever and he got 3rd place in his age group.  Way to go!  He said he ran so well because there was no pressure on him, it was just for fun. 
 And this sweet girl came out with nana to cheer the boys on!  She is looking more and more like my sister.  Every time I look at her now I think of my sister's sweet face at age 7 - so cute.
                                                     Nick and Sid.  She did awesome!!
And here is the start of the race.  Look closely at who is right up there, front and center.  This race was such a fun way to start our weekend and pretty much our conclusion of summer!  The boys loved it and we loved cheering them on and seeing all the kids run.  It warms my heart to see all the kids so excited about running - even though I'm no fan of it.  LOL.

No comments: