Sunday, April 2, 2017

Skating galore

 We ended our week with ice skating with my friend, Erin and her crew (including Jay's good friend, Reece).  I took the day off on the final day of break and I was so glad I did.  It enabled us to get out of the house and do something.  The last day of break was also Jay's first day off from working six straight days with his dad.  Jay learned a lot from working a "full time job."  He was horrified to learn that when he gets a "real" job, which means not working for his dad, a chunk of it will be taken out for taxes.  He was thrilled to get paid $400 cash from Mike.  He was less than thrilled when I told him that normally after making $400, he would have only seen about $325.  Welcome to taxes, Jay! 
 Love this picture.  I so enjoy spending time with Erin.  Every close friend I have I can remember distinctively how I met them.  When Jay and Reece were in first grade Erin called me early in the year to invite Jay to Reece's birthday party.  For some reason Jay couldn't go but my friendship with Erin started because of our boys, but has developed into so much more and now has nothing to do with our boys (it's just an added bonus that they are such good friends).  She is my friend who has been ridiculously thoughtful to me.  She is full of class, and I love spending time with her. 
Today was a whirlwind.  I can't believe it's Sunday night and tomorrow starts another work week and the boys go back to school, and will soon be wrapping up their 5th and 9th grade years.  Nick went roller skating with 4H today.  4H has proven to be a good fit for Nick.  Jay spent his entire elementary school years involved with cub scouts.  Nick didn't get that opportunity (because scouts dissolved at our school), so I'm thankful to have the 4H outlet for Nick. 

No comments: