Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Austin bound

 The next leg of our trip was Austin.  We stayed at a boutique hotel, visited the Oasis (picture above) and saw a gorgeous sunset.  We ate at The Culinary Drop out (yum) and the South Congress Café (which might have been my favorite meal but it's a toss up between that and Magnolia Table).
 And I discovered Sprinkles.  Who knew you could get cupcakes at any time, even during the night.  I had a thing with cupcakes this trip, but I'm here to tell you nothing compared to the lemon lavender cupcakes at Magnolia.
 Mom and I enjoying our drinks at The Oasis, getting ready to watch the sunset over Lake Travis.
 John joined Mary on the final day of our trip in Ausin.  He fit right in with us!
 On our first night in Austin we ate at The Culinary Drop out.  Once again it was another fabulous meal.
 It was warm in Austin but not stupid hot.  The weather was wonderful.  Iwore sleeveless tops but never liked the way my arms looked in pictures so I look armless in a few of these pictures.

 See....no arms!  Melissa lives in Austin.  She met us for dinner.  It was wonderful catching up with her and sharing some laughs.
 Hello relaxation!  This was our pool at our hotel in Austin.
The view from The Oasis!  Austin is a very pretty city.  It had a completely different feel/vibe to it than Waco and especially San Antonio, but we all enjoyed Austin and we were glad we got to experience it.
 We stayed at the Archer Hotel in Austin in the domain area.  We really liked it.  Mary got a suite!  Shannon and I teased her as we were unsuccessful in getting our rooms upgraded.  Ha.

Mary and I on South Congress in Austin.  That yummy café was just down the street from the book store.  We just loved that café!  Mom and I split a Denver omlette and I'm telling you we are still talking about that omlette.  In case you haven't noticed, yes, we were all about the food. 

No comments: