Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Spring break, Aunt Karen's B-day & Easter

 I know my blog title is BORING!  I'm fresh out of ideas.  I blame the miserable weather and I do mean miserable.  The boys started their "spring" break March 24.  Our spring break pretty much consisted of snow, rain, more rain and snow and rain.  On Friday, March 30 the sun came through a slit in the clouds and we all died and thought we went to heaven.  Even today as I write this blog it is cold, wet and rainy.  Every spring break I say we are going to get away but it always end up being a stay-cation.  I don't mean to complain the break kind of stunk.  I worked and the boys played video games and Jay filled his truck up-teen million times.  My finances took a serious hit which prompted me to work on getting his business ready for later this month.

 Nick went to a basketball camp with his friend, B, one day.  That was pretty much the only thing he did besides spend the night with his nana and go to track practice everyday.
 Finally something to look forward to.  Mom and I attended my Aunt Karen's surprise 60th birthday party on Saturday night.  And boy was she surprised.  Her reaction was priceless.



 On Easter we went with Kim's family to her in-laws.  This is Jay and Kim's niece.  I love she beat Jay at his own game and stood in the same way he was standing.  Notice she did get a slight grin out of him.  But me, not so much (see below).
As I write this Jay our school year is winding down.  There are big changes ahead.  Ausili's will leave some time this summer.  Faith just decided she is going to U. of Alabama.  Jay is going to try his hands at his own pressure washing business this summer.  Nick is currently in track and loves it.  Mike is busy as ever.  My mom and I are getting ready to head to TX next week for a trip.  I'm still very away that my dad hasn't been gone for even a month.  In fact last month at this time I had no idea anything was even wrong.  I think of him everyday and miss him.

No comments: