Monday, September 3, 2018

Happenings

 This is what happens when I don't blog consistently, I get a hodge podge of pictures and our happenings are random.  The last few weeks have been really good.  My mom is really rocking it.  She is living independently and doing so well.  My sister and mom spend their weekdays together and the time off from work has been just what my sister needed to regroup, refocus, balance and rest.  I am so thankful for God's perfect timing.
 On Aug 25 Kim and I and her kids went to visit dad's grave.  On Aug. 23 he would have been 69 years old.  There is not a day goes by that I don't think of him and miss him.
 Just a lazy Saturday morning.  Our dogs always make themselves comfortable.  It doesn't matter whether or not they are invited or not.
 Yesterday me, Kim and Katie got our floats out and floated around our lake.  At times it was a bit more work than we anticipated.  We were able to catch up with Nick and he tied us to his kayak and took us for a swirl!  He's a good sport.
 Nick spends his days fishing.  He's obsessed!  He fishes whenever he can and he's quite good at it (hence the picture of the large bass he caught).  We end up having a lot of fish for dinner around our house.
And this happened!  After 20 years of marriage and 15 years of living in our current home, we finally have an adult bed.  Mike made it and I'm in awe of it.  It's beautiful!  I love my bedroom.  We have window trim up, new carpet, and a new bed!  I couldn't be happier about it.
It's been a nice labor day weekend.  Mom came out with her friend, Pam.  Kim and the kids were out.  I went to the winery with Mary and John.  I won't lie, I missed the Ausili's but I will continue to miss them, that won't change, even with time.

No comments: