Sunday, June 14, 2020

Our weekend

My weekend was just about perfect.  Mike is crazy busy (again) at work and is working 7 days/week. I'm hoping things slow down for him but as always I'm also thankful he's busy. My Friday evening was perfection. I spent the evening with my dear friends, Erin and Jenna, in Erin's awesome pool - just us girls.  I met Erin from our boys.  Her son, Reece, has been friends with Jay since 1st grade. Even though our boys have graduated my friendship with Erin will remain steadfast.  I've been friends with Jenna for about 5 years and she is true blessing to me!
Nick's dream job....working on a farm with animals. I just love watching Nick in action these days. He is living his best life. Our friends went out of town this weekend so Nick had to take care of their cattle and goats. He loved it!
Mike and I are really coming along with our landscaping. I spent hours today planting rose bushes (thanks to Erin for her idea). I listened to my pastors sermon as I planted and I was so thankful to be doing work, feeling healthy and that the day was beautiful. I love them but it kicked my you know what. After I finished I had to come in and take two aleve. The boys would have helped me but I did it myself, knowing I wanted to accomplish the entire job by myself!

The country continues to be a mess. Seattle has a 7 block area that has been taken over by anarchists. It's unbelievable. Protests continue. People are angry. The lingering effects of COVID remain. Here in Illinois we are required to wear masks in public. Yesterday I went into a place where I knew I could social distance so I didn't wear a mask. A gentleman asked me why I wasn't wearing mine. I responded that I wasn't but that I probably should have. It was like gasoline being thrown on a fire. The gentleman said he was a doctor and wearing masks does nothing to prevent the spread - absolutely nothing. He said it is the stupidest thing he's ever seen. I agree 100% with him but yet here we are still walking around with masks - like cows being lead to slaughter. Our governor has us wearing masks until there's a vaccine.  It's nuts. I can only imagine what school (if there is school) in the fall will look like.

No comments: