Sunday, June 7, 2020

The end of an era

Today Jay was able to walk the stage at school with social distancing in place and masks on! We were designated a time so there were no crowds and no hand shaking but he got his diploma!  Seriously I could not be more proud. As we pulled out of the parking lot Jay said, "Wow, it's the end of an era." It sure is but as I reminded him the best years of his life were about to begin.  Mom and Kim came out to get pictures with Jay in his cap and gown before he walked the stage.




It's going to be so weird for me next fall with Nick headed into high school and Jay not being here.

My boy! I sure am proud of him and can't wait to see how God works in his life. The times we currently live in are unsettling and uncertain and here we have this group of 2020 graduates headed out into the "real world."  We are slowly coming out of a pandemic. We had months of terrible unemployment and suffering. We now have rioting and looters and in big cities they are screaming for the defunding of police. I have no idea what kind of world these graduates are walking into but what I do know is God is still God. He doesn't change and in these uncertain times it is the best advice I can give these kids. Rest in knowing God is God. 


No comments: