Thursday, May 11, 2023

49

I had one of the nicest birthdays yesterday.  First of the all the weather was perfection and I know I shouldn't base my mood on the weather but I confess I often do.  It frustrates Nick to no end when I do this.  Any-who, I took the day off work which I think I just might do every year.  I had a quick visit with Mary, ran errands and stopped in to see my mom.  Later that night I went to dinner with Mike and Jay.  Nick was working but I still got a picture with him.  It really was a wonderful day.  It's hard to believe I'll be 50 next year.  This week I was in our shed getting some things out that I needed for yard work.  I looked up in the rafters and there I saw several of Jay and Nick's sleds from when they were little.  As I walked out to my front yard I saw the bird houses they made me for every mothers day when they were kids.  Fifty is middle age.  I gotta say I don't feel middle age but the days of being a "young" wife and mother are behind me.  Where does the time go?  I'm looking forward to turning 50 next year.  I have no idea what lies ahead for me but God willing I'll still have some good years ahead.  I've set a bucket list goal for myself.  I want to be in Israel on my 50th birthday and be rebaptized in the Sea of Galilee. It's practically impossible but that's why I love it.  If it happens it won't be because of me.  That being said even if it doesn't happen on my 50th birthday, God knows my heart and His timing is always perfect so I'll rest in knowing that.  


 

No comments: