Monday, March 23, 2009

Cha Ching

My blog for today has nothing to do with this picture of Nick. I just thought this picture was hilarious. Only Nick would be dressed in an undershirt, underwear, winter boots and his safety glasses (the thumbs up was just the "icing on the cake") to work in the shop with his dad.
I took Jay back to the eye doctor today. He was diagnosed with what is called convergence insufficiency (man, I hope I spelled all that right) in December 2008. In other words he has trouble tracking words on a page (hence all his problems with reading). He had made progress earlier this year but today was not so good. He had trouble following objects so we have to start the eye exercises again. He was also prescribed reading glasses today. I was in first grade when I got my glasses too. Jay didn't seemed the least bit bothered that he had to get glasses. He was excited to pick them out and I was having fun helping him until they gave me the final price of $300!!!!!!!! I literally gasped. As a parent you do what you have to do, especially when it comes to your child succeeding in school or their health. I just wasn't prepared to make the first installment on his college tuition with a pair of glasses (ha).

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

hang in there Jay is lucky to have such a great mom. Just remind jay of how important it is to wear them and NOT lose them. I have kids that misplace their glasses all the time. I have 5 students this year with glasses and most of them have done a good job of taking care of their glasses.