Monday, March 30, 2009

Counting Money & My Hair


Jay has 2 whammies against him in terms of his learning, he has me and Mike. Don't get me wrong, Mike and I are good parents and we love our boys but Mike has always had problems with reading and spelling. I, on the other hand, have always had problems in math. My mom almost fainted 12 years ago when I got my workers comp job and she realized I would be processing payroll and writing huge checks. So far, I haven't screwed up so I know there is hope for Jay. But that poor kid..........not only is he struggling in reading but he's having a heck of a time counting money too. Tonight he and Mike sat at the bar and counted money for 45 minutes. It was painful to watch because I could remember myself in 1st grade thinking I was going to go into adulthood and not know how to count money. Overall, Jay is good in math but counting money and making change is another story.
On another separate subject but still on the subject of mothers. What is it with daughters needing their mothers approval with their hair? My mother reads my blog daily so I know she'll get a kick out of this. Over the weekend my mom tells me I need to push my hair back from my face so she recommened I buy a head-band so, of course I did (against my better judgement). My sister told me on Saturday night when I wore the head-band that (quote), "Amy your hair looks like shit." Today, I wore the head-band again and by 9:00 I had a raging headache. I emailed my mother to tell her I did not appreciate her hair advice. Her response to me (and I quote again).........."Well did you get any compliments on your hair......and sometimes beauty hurts."

1 comment:

Steph said...

I am literally laughing out loud!! haha! Too funny and I didn't think your hair looked THAT bad Saturday but I thought maybe you were just going with the quick throw it back in a headband look. :-)