Thursday, March 26, 2009

What I Love About A Small Town

Tonight was one of those nights that I am reminded of why I live in a small town and why I love it. It's good to get those reminders because living in a small town does have its disadvantages. After dinner tonight I took the boys to the park. This park is so small (but the boys love it) that I can sit on a bench and see my children at all times. Plus there is a huge fence around the park so they can't get out anyway. Jay's friend from school was there so they happily played together. When Jay's friend left the park, I saw this little girl and her dad walk hand and hand home because home is only a couple of blocks away. After playing at the park (in the nice weather) we went to the local ice cream shop. I ran into my good friend and neighbor, Laura, and her girls. We ordered our ice cream and sat and ate it with Laura and the girls. We were surrounded by old people who were also just out enjoying a nice night. You can always tell that old people just like to sit back and watch when young children are around. I heard some of them chuckle at some of the things Nick would say (Imagine that?). It was a nice leisurely evening in my small town!

No comments: