Sunday, October 25, 2009

Football

I took this picture of Mike and Jay a few weeks ago, right before one of Jay's football games. It is one of my all time favorite pictures of the two of them.
Yesterday, we wrapped up Jay's first season of football and what a great season of football we have had! Jay has played soccer, baseball and now football and hands down, football has been his favorite. It's been the first time where Jay has told me he's looking forward to playing again next year and I was able to see him progress through the season. He even scored a few touchdowns!
Jay played football for a church-run athletic team so I liked the religious focus he received both at practices and games. And although I don't think Jay could necessarily articulate this, I think he enjoyed playing with different boys (other than who he goes to school with). I think he could just be himself, without any pressure. Our good friend, Mike Ausili, coached the team and Jay got to play with Curtis, both positives. It was an all around good time and I'm looking forward to next year.

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

so cute...i am so glad he enjoys football