Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Risky" Preschool

Recently, I had Nick "tested" for preschool program at our public school (The school Jay goes to). This is the same Pre-K program that Jay went through and I really liked it. The program is free but you have to be at "risk" to get into it. However, keep in mind, I live in a small town and this particular preschool program needs to have a full class to get their grant money from the state. Because I live in a small town, there are more openings for this program. My sister is always quick to point out to me that Jay and Nick would have never qualified for the preschool programs in her district, as it's a big district and there are plenty of kids who are truly at "risk".
My friend, Jenna and I did have a good laugh over this the other day at Jay's football game. I was telling her that Nick, just like his brother, qualified for the preschool program. I jokingly told her that I didn't know what it was about the Siebert boys that got them into this program. About that time we turned and Nick is on the side-lines dancing like Chris Farley when he danced and sang to "Maniac" in Tommy Boy. That picture was explanation enough.

No comments: