Monday, October 12, 2009

Impulsivity

Lately, I feel like my blog has centered around Jay stories. He has provided me with a lot to write about lately and some of it, not so good but the whole reason for this blog is for me to document the growth and experiences my children have and my experiences with them.
Jay has always been impulsive but perhaps I may be at some fault for that. I was very impulsive growing up and Mike would say I was still fairly impulsive through my 20's. My impulsivity was something I was aware of, at least once I met Mike I was really aware of it and it's something I've really tried to improve upon. Turns out, Jay has the same "gene."
Picture this....I was dressed for church yesterday. My hair and make-up were freshly done. I was bent over the bath-tub giving Nick a bath when Jay walked by me and gave me a gentle push and I went face first into the bath tub. To say I was angry is an understatement. Jay and all his impulsivity thought it would be funny to push me face first into the tub, he just didn't think of how angry it would make me but I made that very clear once I was able to regain my composure. I know that Jay was just trying to be funny but his impulsivity gets him everytime.
This is a character trait of Jay's that Mike and I as his parents will continually try to improve upon and make him aware of. Again, I go back to my mother's words.........."Amy, they are still under construction, keep plugging away."

1 comment:

Steph said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you can laugh about it now. :) Not funny----but funny!