Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What's going on?

I don't have anything insightful to write about tonight, other than what is going on with the Siebert crew. Mike continues to get up in "the middle of the night" to go to work. He gets up at 3:45 and is out the door by 4:15. He loves it, I would hate it. On days that he has to travel he is usually out the door by 3:00. Crazy!
I interviewed for a permanent position in the department where I started my developmental opportunity in April. This opportunity will be over at the end of November. All interviews concluded on Oct. 9 so we'll see. I don't think I'll get the position. I think that during the course of the interviews a better candidate probably presented themselves but I do know that sometimes the jobs you think you won't get, you end up getting.
Jay is fairly challenging these days. I remember we pretty much sailed through first grade. Sure, he had trouble learning but I don't remember clashing with him as much. There are so many days when he reminds me so much of Mike. He works physically hard, he's reserved and he likes the comfort of his immediate family, all very strong characteristics of Mike but there are days when he reminds me so much of myself when I was his age, especially the attitude he gives off. Part of it too, I think is just the fact that we are mother and son. I am certainly feeling that difference lately.
Nick started at a new daycare provider's house on Monday and he's doing great. He is transitioning much better than he did when he transitioned to the public daycare. It has been a relief for me. He will start Prek next week and will be taking the bus to school with Jay. It is working out well and we are all pleased.

No comments: