Friday, October 2, 2009

Always Do Your Best

I've been in a developmental role in a new department for six months now, being a writer. I hope everyone has seen an improvement in my blog with my writing style. Ha. Today, I interviewed for a permanent position in the department. For about a week leading up to the interview I was a nervous wreck. I feel much today, knowing the interview is behind me. The rest is now up to the management, as to who they hire. My only goal was to walk out of the interview knowing I had done my best and I feel like I did. Could I have answered a few questions differently or even stronger, absolutely but what's done is done. Even Jay gave me great advice today. He asked me how the interview went, I told him I was just so glad it was over and that regardless of the outcome, I did my best. Jay said, "Yes mom, you just went in there, did your best and got it done." Those are Mike's words. He tells Jay all the time in regards to his homework to just do your best and get it done. But it was a good lesson for Jay to see that his mother did something way out of her comfort zone and was able to express to Jay that no matter what the outcome is, I know I did the best job that I could do.

No comments: