Friday, May 7, 2010

Bathtime "relaxation"

It's Friday night and I'm tired. We went out for pizza and when we got home the boys headed out to the shop with Mike. I figured they were going to work on my Mother's Day present. I grabbed my "PEOPLE" magazine and bolted to the bathroom to take a bubble bath. I had just started reading about Brett Michaels and his brain hemorrage when I heard the pitter-patter of little feet and they were headed straight up the stairs to the bathroom door. I knew by the "pitter-patter" the footsteps were Nick and sure enough........
Nick: "Mommy, what are you doing?"
Me: "I'm taking a bath."
Nick: "Well let me in, I want to keep you company."
Me: "You can keep me company from outside the door and why aren't you in the shop with you dad and brother?"
Nick:"You need to let me in because I have to poop."
Me: "Go to the downstairs bathroom to poop."
Nick:"I have to go bad, let me in."
Against my better judgement I let Nick in. I get up on my knees in the tub, turn the door knob to let Nick in when Jay rounds the corner and gets a full frontal view of me in all my glory. Jay is horrified and of course has to call more attention to the entire scene. Meanwhile, the door is wide open, Nick is actually going pee instead of poop and Jay is now in the bathroom while my jammies, underwear and tampon are all out in full view on the floor of the bathroom. I was waiting for Jay to pick up my tampon and say, "What is this, mom?" Thankfully he was obilivious to the tampon! Needless to say I didn't get the relaxing bath I was hoping for. Oh well, there is always tomorrow night.

2 comments:

The Stille's said...

too funny...I can just picture the whole thing

Anonymous said...

Amy - I always enjoy your blogs, and this one did NOT disappoint! Hysterical! You're such a good mom ; ) xoxo ~ Mary