Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Boy entertainment

My boys provided me with some chuckles tonight. Actually let me rephrase that....Jay provided me with some chuckles but Nick provided me with more mortification.
Tonight while Nick was taking his bath, I was in his room putting clothes away when he told me he had his toothbrush in his butt. I literally dropped what I was doing and ran to the bathroom yelling......."Get the toothbrush out of your butt." Nick yelled back, "Too Late." Whether he had his toothbrush in an orifice it shouldn't have been, I'll never know but regardless I soaked his toothbrush in rubbing alcohol!
As I was putting Jay to bed tonight we were doing our usual routine of reading and prayers. Jay complained he has a hard time falling asleep so I offered to scratch his back. He readily agreed. I also offered to sing him a song, to help him settle down. The conversation went like this.
Me: "Want me to sing you a song?"
Jay: "No."
Me: "Are you sure, I could sing you Baa, Baa Black Sheep, you use to love that song?"
Jay (and his response was so simple): "I'm 8 now, mom."
And when did that happen anyway?

No comments: