Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Bike

It's always interesting to me, the things I do for my children.  Since summer began Jay has been bothering me to get a bike.  I've spent many, many summers walking behind the boys as they rode their bikes.  It never occurred to me to get my own bike and ride along with them - DUH!  I always enjoyed riding a bike as a kid.  In fact I have vivid memories of all the bikes I had as a child.  My parents once surprised me on my birthday with a rocking bike - it had a basket and everything!  In fact when I think about, I can't remember the last time I rode a bike or how long it's been since I haven't had one but I can tell you it's been a long time.  It is true what they say, however, you never forget how to ride a bike.  Last week I bought my bike - and I so wish I had a picture of it for this blog.  I injured my back BAD about a week ago so I wasn't able to ride it until tonight.  The boys and I rode to the beach and I loved it.  I loved the feeling of going down the hills and I felt how out of shape I actually was when I had to bike up the hills and where I live, the hills are brutal.  But it was good exercise for me and I was proud of myself.  Now that I have the bike, the boys don't seem to care (go figure) but I'm enjoying it.  I can hardly wait to get back on it tomorrow and feel the wind whip through my hair!  Now there's a picture for you.  Hee, Hee.

No comments: