Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Medicore medical

I am in a transition phase in my life right now. During this transition phase my family has about a two to three week time frame where we have no health insurance. I know, it's enough to make one gasp in fear - especially with two very active little boys. I carry the health insurance for my family and it ran out on May 31. Over the weekend Jay got a piece of stone in his eye. It was scary but thankfully Mike got it out. During the 25 minute ordeal all I kept thinking was we were going to have to take Jay to the E.R. and how thankful I was we still had medical coverage. I woke up yesterday morning in panic mode. If there is injuries to be had, my boys will find them. I marched right down to an insurance broker and bought a short term (a month long to be exact) policy on the boys. What a piece of mind that brought me. Tonight I caught Jay about 30 feet high in our pine tree, with Nick trailing right behind his brother. They had taken the wooden ladder from their playground and propped it against the trunk to give them a head start up the tree. Needless to say, the entire event validated my decision to purchase the short term policy. As for the pine tree, the boys made it down safe and sound. Ha.

No comments: