Saturday, June 11, 2011

WOW

I titled this blog WOW because WOW!  I got home from my trip last night and the office was finally revealed to me and all I can say is WOW!  I was stunned for about 30 minutes.  Mike put so much thought and work into my office.  I was really touched.  I have so much to learn and I'm nervous about that but he's created a calm environment for me!  So, ready or not, I hit the ground running on Monday - even though I can't seem to get my monitor/computer hooked up to my wireless.  Ha.

Love this!  Mike said he did this at the last minute.  He made a shadow box and as you can see my old name tag is it from my former company.  He also put in the wine glasses from our wedding.  As you browse these pictures you will see a common "wine" theme.  My husband knows me so well. 

These are the pictures of the boys Mike framed for me.  They were both exactly 4 1/2 months old and I treasure them.  They are right above my monitor for me to enjoy each and every day.

The reason I love this office so much is all three of my boys added their own special touch.  Jay helped Mike lay a lot of the stone - which Mike pointed out he really has an eye for but Jay picked out the lamp above this table and I LOVE it.  Way to go, Jay!  Mike picked out the flower arrangment - Love that too.
Here is Nick's added touch on my office.  He insisted I have a plant.  Mike said it would be too hard for a plant to grow in an office basement but as usual, Mike being the problem solver that he is came up with a solution.  He bought a special plant light.  It's on a timer to come on during certain times of the day so I never have to worry about it.  The plant is a plant Jay planted at school this year.  I plan to talk to it daily!  It won't be the same as talking to co-workers but it might help it to grow.  Ha.
And here's NIck, sitting at my beautiful desk.  My company provides me with an allowance to purchase furniture but we found this desk used for a bargain!  I love it because it has such character.  Now I just ask for prayers, specifically, for a smooth transition and I pray I pick things up quickly.  I know the job but I have to learn a whole new system and since I'm working from home there are a lot of different "balls" I need to keep in the air.  I am just asking for prayers for patience and a smooth road ahead. 

5 comments:

LOMO Family said...

It is beautiful! Way to go Mike, Jay and Nick! I will be thinking of you on Monday. You can do it Amy!

Nathan and Megan said...

OH MY WORD! I would've said "WOW" too for like 30 minutes. KIM, IT IS INCREDIBLE! Your boys did a fabulous job. You will be such a good little worker bee because you won't want to leave your NEW OFFICE! CONGRATS! I LOVE IT & welcome home!

Nathan and Megan said...

FORGIVE ME, Amy! As soon as I posted my comment I realize I called you Kim. HA! I'm sure you're used to it! *my apologies ;)

Steph said...

WOW is RIGHT!!!!!!!! They did an amazing job. Good luck with your new job and enjoy your beautiful office. Love the boys' special touches...especially the plant light! NEVER heard of such a thing. ha! :)

Katie said...

Amy it is amazing!!! You are so blessed! What a great hubby and Daddy's helpers. I think I would just walk in there and look at it all the time, like I used to with the boys' nurseries when they were finished. :) Love the plant! Crack me up!