Thursday, September 1, 2011

Four wheeling obsessed

Jay has an obsession and as a girl......I find it so BORING!  He's over the top obsessed with four wheelers.  This obsession started at the very end of second grade but it's reached a whole new level this year.  You know how everyone jokes that hormonal boys dream about girls (sex) all day long when they reach their teenage years, Yeah, well my son isn't hormonal in that sense yet but trust me he's hormonal about four wheelers.  I honestly think he thinks about them constantly and thankfully so far it hasn't interfered with his school work........yet.  The first conversation he has with me in the morning is about...yup, you guessed it, four wheelers.  Then everyday he puts four wheeling magazines into his backpack to take to school so him and his friends can drool over the four wheelers and talk about how many c.c's they have.  I have no idea what c.c's mean but Jay talks about it all the time.  I guess it means how fast a four wheeler can go based on how many c.c's it has.  I don't really know nor do I care.  I've been lucky enough to pick up the boys from school a few days a week (now that I'm working from home) and the first thing Jay talks to me about when he gets in the car is.....Yes, right again, four wheelers.  He seems to talk about them the most when were in the car.........hence I'm trapped with no where to go.  Needless to say there is a lot of me shaking my head and saying, "huh, huh," when Jay talks about the four wheelers.  I'm happy he's got a hobby he loves.........but seriously is four wheeling really a hobby?  I think that's debateable.  But being a girl  who likes to view the glass as half full I am glad he enjoys it so much because it translates to him spending a lot of time outdoors and reading.......Yes, he will read the four wheeling magazines and it's always good for a kid to spend a lot of time outside but Yikes, I don't know how much more four wheeling talk I can take.

No comments: