Monday, May 14, 2012

Nick & his Nick-ness

Here's the truth..........Nick is verbal and I mean really verbal.  Anything thought that comes into his head comes out of his mouth.  The boy could seriously be a politician one day or Norm on Cheers - it's a toss up.  He loves to negotiate everything!  I say 5 more minutes and Nick promptly shoots back with.........How about 7?  He spends so much time talking that he has a hard time staying focused on a task at hand - imagine that?  But his talking is music to my ears (most of the time).  He will have discussions with me in the car, ask my input of things and provide me with feedback. 
Recently, during a walk I was talking to Nick about his listening skills or lack thereof and he defended himself by stating he listens sometimes.  I shot him my "mom look" and he grinned and responded by admitting he really didn't listen at all.  Ya think, Nick.  I titled this blog Nick and all his Nick-ness because my mom affectionately referred to him this year when I said I hoped his teachers would appreciate him and my mom finished my sentence by saying "would appreciate him and all his Nick-ness." 
When it's all said and done I love Nick and all his Nick-ness!  He makes me laugh daily.  He still loves to give me hugs and as you can see from these pictures despite turning 6 he still loves his cuddle time with his animals and blankets.  The fish that is with him in the pictures he named Bassy!  Bassy the fish gets all of Nick's love these days.

No comments: