Wednesday, May 16, 2012

So long.....Farewell

Today was the last day of 4th grade for Jay and kindergarten for Nick.  It's bittersweet.  Next fall will be the last year my boys will be in the elementary school together as Jay will prepare to go to middle school (drum roll, please)the following school year but I'm getting ahead of myself.  This year had it's challenges.  Nick got to know our principal rather well and that's all I have to write about that.  Nick enjoyed kindergarten and my heart is heavy tonight knowing I will never have the joy of sending another child to kindergarten.  Sad indeed.  Fourth grade proved to be very challenging for Jay.  Jay struggled in math this year but as always he tried hard and we are proud of him for that.  When I was going through back packs tonight I found poems Jay had to write this year and one made me smile. 

In case you can't read it.  It says Amy down the side and reads: My mom is a good friend.  Moms are awesome, like my mom.  You always know what she is thinking.  But I loved the picture the most.  Jay drew a picture of himself with a bubble above his head that reads Sad and then he drew me with a bubble above my head that reads Hug! 

No comments: