Thursday, June 14, 2012

Timing is everything

I have worked from home for just about a year now.  My official start date with my new company was May 31 but I didn't go "live" until June 13.  Last June 14 I was a little stressed out.  My kids were adjusting to having me at home and trying to understand that I was working!  I was trying to learn a new system in addition to a new company's philosophy.  It was overwhelming but I knew once everyone adjusted it would be worth the stress (in the beginning).  I mention to my husband and my mom almost weekly how much I love working from home.  I love everything about it and I can tell you I take it very seriously.  I am good at organizing my time and I make it all work.   Sometimes that I means I'm up and working at 5am but then it means I don't have to stress about how I'm going to get one of my boys to their doctor's appointment in the afternoon.  It's wonderful and I feel truly blessed.  I love the company I work for, I love working from home and I love my co-workers.  Recently my sister asked me if I wished I had this job when the boys were babies.  My response was No.  I believe this job came along at exactly the right time in my life.  I'm not sure I would have appreciated quite as much as I do had I not struggled with making it to an office day in and day out for 16 years and 7 of those years were done with kids and a 35 minute commute one way.  The Lord opened doors for me and I walked through them.  I am so very thankful. 

No comments: