Thursday, June 21, 2012

Today

*My husband began his work day at 2:45 a.m. (which is pretty typical)
*Jay got up for the fourth day in a row at 6 a.m. (keep in mind I have to wake him for school)
*Jay got bored and decided to wake his brother at 7:15 a.m.
*My sitter arrived at 8:30 a.m.
*Jay races into my office, frantic, because something is wrong with Copper
*The sitter and I spend some time discussing about what is wrong with Copper.  I make a vet appointment which is set for tomorrow
*Nick cut himself with his pocket knife.  There are bloody Kleenex's everywhere.
*The boys fight during their morning walk with Copper and the sitter.
*Because it rained, the boys stayed inside most of the day with the sitter and at times I thought I had a pretty good idea what the bombing of Pearl Harbor sounded like.
*Jay writes me a letter about how mean I am.  It was such a great parenting moment (hear the sarcasm in that statement).
*The sitter looks frazzled and wishes me good luck at the end of the day.
*Nick has a crying fit after the sitter leaves because he thinks he has dirty underwear.
*Someone did not shut the fridge all the way and everything is starting to melt. 
*I take Jay, Nick and a friend of Nick's to the pool during the evening.  I get to listen to talk about balls, testicles and farts during the car ride.
*Everything at the pool goes smoothly - a miracle!
*The boys eat a hearty dinner at the pool and when we get home.....Jay says, "What's for dinner?" 
*Right before leaving the pool, Jay says, "So, what are we going to do when we get home?"
*Nick got goat poop on his flip flop (Don't ask) and got it all over the back seat of my car.
*Jay found a MOLDY cup in my car.
*We took Copper for an evening walk.  During the walk, Nick tripped, Copper dragged him and he broke his flip flop.
*Oh Yeah, Mike is on a business trip. 

On that note, folks, I'm calling it a day.

No comments: