Saturday, July 14, 2012

13 & 14/ 31

This weekend was my 20 year high school reunion.  The picture above is of Emily, Melissa, me and Allison.  I've been friends with Melissa since Kindergarten and we are still friends to this day.  She is my oldest friend.  I've been friends with Emily since elementary school but we lost touch a bit after high school.  It was so fun seeing everyone.  The picture below does not do my class justice.  We are a large graduating class in 1992 but the group last night was a small group.  That was okay though.  It was still so enjoyable catching up with everyone.
Me and my buddy Nate.  Nate and I have been friends since junior high.  When I look back at what I was doing the summer of 1992 a few things come to mind.  I was babysitting everyday for $100 a week and I thought I was rolling in it.  I had to make enough money to buy my books when I went to school.  I was dating a guy named Glenn - Big Mistake!  I was driving my mom insane.  My poor mom was still adjusting to being newly divorced and although I didn't give her much trouble my senior year I was the typical 18 year old who couldn't wait to leave home and thought my mom knew nothing.......how quickly that changes when you go off to school and what a slap in the face it is when you become a mom yourself.  Ha!  I was also preparing to head off to Parkland Junior College with two roommates.  My roommate, Mary and I were being throw together by the other roommate and Mary and I did not know each other.  How ironic is it that Mary and I had two other roommates and we only keep in touch with each other?  Mary is still one of my dearest friends and I think the Lord knew I would need a friend like her when I went out to spread my wings 20 years ago. 

No comments: