Monday, July 9, 2012

My wish

I'm interrupting my picture taken for a quick "writing" blog.  Recently my family went to a party.  Two grown brothers were at this party - the Elgin brothers.  The Elgin brothers are grown adults raising their families and they are four years apart.  These brothers are close.  They live in the same small town and raising their children together.  The older brother is currently helping his younger brother build his house.  Tonight I ran into the older brother and he told me he got such a kick out of watching my boys together at the party we were at.  He said it brought back a lot of good memories of him and his brother.  I thanked him and we both had a good laugh about boys and brothers.  What I didn't mention to him (but should have) is how cool I think it is that he and his younger brother are so close.  My boys are different, no doubt about it but I've really tried to instill an appreciation for each other in them.  It helps that they both like to do the same things - play outside, get into mischief, ride their four wheelers and running full force straight into the lake.....sometimes on bikes!  Are they close?  I'd say Yes.  Will they stay close?  It's my wish, my prayer, my hope that they do. 

No comments: