Sunday, July 29, 2012

29/31

This weekend has been nice.  We spent some time at Laura's pool.  And my mom watched the boys so Mike and I could have a date night which was LONG overdue.  I can't speak for every couple but Mike and I really need to get out together about once a month.  If we don't, I find we are exhausted by all the demands of parenting and forget what it's like to be a couple.  All we need is 2-3 hours and I find we are reconnected and re-energized.  Mike and I joke (but it's really not a joke) that we often find ourselves "punch drunk" from the demands our kids place on us.  We love being parents and we love our children (dearly) but it can get exhausting day in and day out.  It's normal and healthy to need/want a break.  So thank you, mom, for keeping both of the boys together!  My mom even went down a slide at a pool and off the diving board.  I think that rocks for a 61 year old nana!  Kim and her kids came over on Sunday to swim.  It was a hot mess!  I'm just saying.  Mostly with my kids.......Jay!  Me, my mom and sister have decided we need a girls night with no kids.  Amen to that.

No comments: