Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My favorite summer things

Tonight I don't have a picture.  Instead.........I thought I'd spice things up and remind myself of what makes me smile these days.  Mike and I have a lot going on lately - nothing no other working parent doesn't go through - but it's good to stop, take a breath and remind myself of my favorite things. 
*The smell of the boys' freshly shampooed hair after their nightly shower
*Crawling into my comfy bed at night in my cool house where the A/C is constantly blowing these days
*A fresh pedicure, which I desperately need right now
*My flower pots that Mike bought me for Mother's Day.  They have beautiful flowers in them (that will be a picture for another post)
*My dog Copper.  She amuses me in some way everyday.
*Talking walks with the boys
*Eating watermelon
*My daily chats with my mom.
*My morning cup of coffee from my Kerig!

We are enjoying our summer.  There are 5 more weeks of summer left before school starts.  The boys are not ready to go back (big surprise) but I am ready for them to go back.  As much as I love summer, my boys thrive on structure (especially Jay) and it can get a bit stressful when you work from home but we make it all work!

No comments: