Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dad's Sidekick

Sometimes it's tough being the younger sibling.  I didn't realize this until I had two children of my own.  Many times Nick has that look that surely all younger siblings must display at certain times.  When I see this look I am reminded of all the times I was not nice to my sister.  I have apologized to her several times and we have shared some good laughs over it.  Jay is all about his friends these days.  He's with them A LOT!  When Jay and his friends are here things go fairly well.  I do have to remind Jay that when he has friends over he can't treat Nick like he doesn't belong in his own yard or home and on the flip side I've had to remind Nick that if he wants to hang with the big boys he needs to act like one.  When Jay is gone at a friends house it leaves Nick alone with nothing to do......break out the violins.  So Nick has been become Mike's shadow.  He helped him lay and groute the tile around the fire place and he helped him trim trees today.  As long as he's doing something "manly" he's a happy boy........who misses time with his brother but overall a happy boy. 
This picture stinks but you get the jist of it.  Nick is always helpful and happy to tag along with Mike and help him with yard work. 

No comments: