Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor day....the official end of summer

The mid-west got some of the effects from Hurricane Isaac over the weekend.  It was gloomy and wet all day on Saturday and most of the day on Sunday but by Monday, it was HOT & HUMID - a perfect excuse to get out and go to the Labor Day Parade.  The picture above is of my mom and Luke.
My sister and Lauren were in the parade.  Here she is talking to Nick.
 Nick and Lauren.  Jay didn't join us this year.  He had a sleep over and was still at his friends house.
 The last of my flowers!  Bo-hoo.  I sure enjoy my snap dragons.  My mom got me turned on to them. 
And lastly this was my husband's weekend project.  Mike was home all weekend which was heaven.  He's worked way more Saturdays this past year than I care to count.  And he loves getting involved in a project and again his work schedule this past year hasn't allowed him to get involved in any home projects.  But this weekend he started on our hearth (I really hope I'm spelling that right).  It was nice having him home and seeing him engaged with a home project.

No comments: