Friday, September 28, 2012

Summary of September

September is almost over.   In three days it will be October and I love October.  September is always a rough month for the Siebert's.  The transition back into school is always challenging and I found it especially challenging this year with Jay.  Boy has 5th grade rocked his world and mine.  As the month went on I found myself getting very frustrated with myself that I hadn't had Jay tutored this summer so I made a mental note to myself (or rather I just told my mom to remind me, ha) that next summer I must have Jay tutored in some way, shape or form.  It's like he forgot everything.  He seems to have turned a corner in the last week and things are getting better as I knew they would but it has been a rough couple of weeks.  As for Nick he transitions better and his adjustment into first grade has been smoother except for the fact that as of a week ago his teacher went on bed rest and we don't expect her back until mid-March so basically the entire school year.  First grade is a pivotal year and I'm hopeful Nick's sub for the year will do a great job.  I am just so nervous about missing something with Nick - learning or behavior wise.  Right before Nick's teacher went on bed rest she told me she had some concerns but didn't elaborate.  I was on my way to a conference for Jay, therefore we didn't have a chance to talk together for any length of time and then boom the next day she was gone.  Thankfully I have my sister and my mom who guide me through this maze of public school education.  It can all get a little overwhelming!

No comments: