Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nothing good comes out of a crock pot

I have discovered Pinterest.  For those people who have already become addicted or excuse me discovered Pinterest you know what I'm talking about.  I wanted to start experimenting with new recipes.  My intentions were nothing but well intended.  I wanted to make wonderful meals for my family before their evening activities of  football and soccer.  Well it has sort of turned around and bitten me in the hienie.  Most of the recipes have not been very good.  I won't blame Pinterest.  I believe it's more of a user error problem.  I made a few recipes from a crock pot which is never a good idea for my family.  Once again I had grand ideas of how wonderful my crock pot meals would be.  In reality, they have been crusty, dry and somewhat tasteless but mostly DRY!  Plus my husband has never liked crock pot meals..........the title of my blog comes directly from his mouth.  Last night I made another crock pot meal that consisted of chicken so dry you thought you were eating cotton balls.  After dinner Mike took Nick to soccer practice.  During the practice Nick's coach asked the kids to form a circle and compared it to a crock pot (in other words form a circle that looks like a crock pot)....odd comparison I know but whateveh.    Nick blurts out, loudly I might add, "Nothing good comes out of a crock pot!!!!"  Mike said the coaches and parents were in gales of laughter!  Now since I'm more of a glass is half full kind of girl I can see the humor in this and I'm glad my crock pot meals have provided some good entertainment and laughter to not only my family but Nick's entire soccer team. 

No comments: