Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The beauty of Jay

As I started this blog I realized I didn't have a picture of Nick for his blog!  But the pictures I've included for this blog really go along with the title.  Jay loves his dog and as you can see his dog loves him.  Copper has been a good distraction for Jay.  And he's so loveable with her, most of the time, other times he plays with her like she's the 3rd boy (brother) in the house. Jay loves his family and is all boy.  He loves being outside.  Recently he called his brother a redneck.  We all laughed because that is like the pot calling the kettle black.  When Jay is in his glory outside he's usually in cut off jeans and covered in mud.  I've always said Jay is my "wait for it" child.  He'll talk to me and show me affection but I have to wait for it.  He'll dish it out but it's on his terms and his time.  As he ages I find we have most of our most meaningful exchanges in the car so I try to get him alone in the car as often as I can.  I pray that Jay never loses his sense of adventure and his love of family.  And I pray there is always a dog by his side. 

No comments: