Thursday, June 6, 2013

Welcome home Jay

 Jay returned from church camp last night and boy did he have fun!  He talked and talked about it - so much so that Jenny commented it was the most she had ever heard Jay talk.  Ha.  Of course Mike and I joked that now he probably won't talk for a week.  Jay said he loved everything about it.  His only complaint was he wished activities and camp itself was longer.  He said the beds were uncomfortable too.  I would say if those were his only two complaints then church camp was officially a success!  I was so pleased because Jay met some boys and yes, even learned some things about the bible - Mission accomplished.  Of note, however, is when we picked Jay up last night he commented that I didn't pack his toothbrush or soap which of course I did.  Jay probably looked once (and not very well I might add) and thought they weren't there so yes friends the boy didn't brush his teeth for 3 days!  He showered but never used soap.  Oh boy!  Needless to say his teeth got a good brushing last night and his body got a good washing!
Jay, Curtis and one of their camp leaders.  I'm still beaming today knowing how much fun Jay had.  He met new friends, hung out with Curtis and started his journey with God.

No comments: