Sunday, June 2, 2013

Wedding and Graduation parties

 What a whirlwind weekend we had but I welcomed it after the very rainy and very long weekend we had last weekend.  Nothing changed this weekend in terms of the rain.........it has been raining here constantly.  My mom read somewhere that they think this will be the wettest spring on record - ever!  Anyway, we had Katie Meyer's wedding last night.  Don't we look like quite a crew?  Check out Jay's face above.
 I love this picture.  Aunt Mimi is trying to have a serious conversation with her nephew and Nick is just staring off the other way.  Poor Mimi.
                                                Now he's showing Aunt Mimi some love!
 We had two graduation parties this weekend - Maggie and Garrett's.  I've known Garrett since he was in elementary school - hard to believe he's graduated high school and is heading to college in the fall.  Nick made paintings for Maggie and Garrett.  He painted like VanGough on Memorial Day.  It rained buckets (surprise, surprise) that day so Nick painted!  It was sweet.
 Jay headed off to church camp today.  He was excited and so ready for a little independence.  I was elated he was going.  I was forced to go to church camp when I was about Jay's age and I was so angry with my mom but it was one of the (many) best things she ever did for me.  I loved church camp and church camp was where I truly started my walk with Jesus.  Of course I am praying Jay's experience mirrors mine.
 Another added bonus of Jay going to church camp........separation of brothers!  The boys fighting had reached a whole new level the last few days.  The separation for a few days will be good for both of them.
                                                         And here's Nick just being Nick.
 I know I sound like a broken record in my blog when I say we are so blessed to have the Ausili's as our dear friends.  Jay and Curtis were headed off to church camp together!  Aren't they the cutest?
                                                             Nick and his girl Jenny.
Nick and Miss Christy (she is Garrett's mom.  This was taken at Garrett's party).  As little as 5 years ago Christy was the be all and end all in Nick's world.  She was his day care provider until he was 3 and she was wonderful.  We miss her.

No comments: