Sunday, August 4, 2013

Cincinnati

 My company has a bi-yearly get together in Cincinnati - they call the event "August Meetings."  Spouses are invited and on Friday when we are in meetings the spouses get pampered.  Seriously!  Mike had a list of choices to choose from and he picked a glass blowing class.  He really enjoyed it and met another spouses who he connected with and enjoyed the day with.  I have to admit the meetings aren't too painful.  They are informative and truthfully it's so nice to get away.  I'm very blessed to work for the company I do.  Mike and I enjoyed each others' company and the boys (and nana and grandma and grandpa) survived without us for four days.  On Saturday at noon we are let lose in the city.  Mike and I went to a museum.  Mike is sitting in an old 1940 Trolley car (above)
 Here's me with Cinci behind me.  After our museum jaunt we went to a nice restaurant right by the river and the Cincinnati Reds ball park.  Did I mention there was a game on Saturday night - crazy busy.  But we enjoyed it just the same.
Here we are enjoying our Saturday night.  We have completely reached a state of calmness in our relationship and I mean that such a good way.  We don't have to talk constantly to each other and I don't have to worry that Mike is bored with me or vice versa.  We've been married for 15 years.  We just enjoy being in each others' presence.  Our walk last night consisted of maybe 10 words between us but it's such a comfortable quiet.  Maybe that sounds boring, it's certainly not meant to.  I love my children but we spend so much time talking to them and about them that sometimes it's nice just to be with your spouse and no words have to be spoken.  I'll be looking forward to our next August meetings in 2015.

No comments: