Friday, January 24, 2014

Green Smoothies

A few weeks ago Mike brought home a book entitled, "The Calorie Myth."  His first mistake was he said I could read it first.  Had it gone the other way around and Mike read the book first he would have learned about the green smoothies and probably told me the book wasn't worth reading and then our family wouldn't be in the green smoothie hell they are in right now.  Ha!  Since I am turning 40 in a few short months I really want to improve my health.  Sure losing weight would be nice but honestly being more healthy is more important to me right now so the idea of green smoothies was rather appealing to me especially when I learned I can use them as a snack vs a meal supplement.  My family, however, is not so keen on the smoothies.  Mike isn't saying too much because he knows it was his bright idea to buy the book in the first place, after all I'm just trying to change our lifestyles which started from him bringing a book home - a book, perhaps he might be cursing at the moment. The boys are less than thrilled about it.  When I first made them their green smoothies, Jay drank his without complaining too much (Nick was another story).  However, as time has gone by and the end of the green smoothies is no where in sight their complaining has reached a whole new level.  I asked Jay recently why he didn't complain at first but is now complaining all the time he responded by saying, "Well geez, mom, I didn't complain the first time because I thought it was  one time thing, I had no idea you were going to make them daily."  Ha!  As far as I'm concerned I'm going to continue with my green smoothies and somehow try to get my family to go along with me - wish me luck!   

No comments: