Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year - 2014

 We kicked our new year off with a new puppy!  Yes, a new puppy!  Ha.  We picked Cole up on Dec. 28.  We knew we wanted another puppy but we didn't expect one until March.  Cole came from a family who loved him but simply didn't have the time to put into a puppy, especially a vizsla.  Vizsla's are high energy dogs and we love them because they have the sweetest temperments.  Cole is five months old and house broken - another plus.  He's still all puppy though.  We affectionately nicknamed him Cletus because he's kind of like a big red neck clutz.  He's not nearly as graceful as Copper and although he's smart, he's no Copper.  Copper is adjusting to him.  They play together out in our yard sometimes up to an hour (even in this cold weather) and they they come inside and fall fast asleep in their beds.  The amusing part of this is this was all my husband's idea.  If you would have told me 5 years ago that we would be the owners of not one but two dogs I would have laughed in your face!  But here we are. 

I put this picture in because I took this of the kids last night on New Year's Eve.  We went to Laura's house - so fun!  Nick and S. have both lost their two front teeth so of course I had to get a picture.  I'm looking forward to 2014.  I don't really make resolutions.  I just want to keep doing what I'm doing......I want to keep running my race towards God and I want to keep doing my best to get these boys of mine raised.  Last night a neighbor said to me, "Every time I go by your house I see your boys out playing.  Those Siebert boys are doing just what boys should be doing!"  To me that was such a compliment.  I try to meet such a balance between their sporting activities and also allow them time to just be boys.  Being boys to them is being outside at any opportunity.  As I write this it is maybe 20 degrees outside and the boys are outside with hammers and nails working on Jay's fort together.  Mike and I are really making it a priority to help form Jay's relationship with Nick.  Nick takes all his cues from Jay and to just be real, Jay isn't the best brother to Nick.  But I know he has it in him. The last few nights the boys have slept together in Jay's room, staying up into the wee hours of the night watching movies together.  It's a process but I'm hoping with age, maturity, direction and prayer their relationship improves.  So here's to 2014 and all it has to bring! 

No comments: