Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow days galore

January has been a tough month.  We've had four snow days this month!  I love my boys but I've had my fill of them lately.  I ran some errands late this afternoon, by myself in the bitter cold and it was like a piece of heaven.  Who knew that running to Von Maur could provide me with such a feeling of excitement - excitement from being separated from my children for an hour!  I knew it was bad this afternoon as I was trying to work and it sounded like a herd of buffalo in my living room.  The boys had set up a basketball hoop and were playing basketball in the living room with two dogs.  The fighting between the two of them has reached a whole new level.  At one point this afternoon Nick was as red as a lobster.  I thought his head was going to explode.  He took a punch at Jay and I did one of those slow moving runs across the living room yelling.........."nooooooooo."  The boys have spent a lot of time outside even though it is literally below zero temps.  It's like those temps don't even phase my boys.  Nick has worn his face mask so much he has a rash around his chin.  I've had conversations with them that I have no idea what came from them or what they meant.  It's like the cold has destroyed any intelligent thoughts we had.  I have seriously wondered if there is a hidden camera in my house because it's been quite entertaining around here lately.  Okay, I'm being extreme.  All I have to say is No More Snow Days!  Please get these kids back to school and our regular routine. 

No comments: